Why choose Maureen Wesley Law?
When problems arise you need clear advice about your rights, entitlements and obligations so that you can make the right decisions for you and your family. We offer an initial consultation so that you can meet one of our Barristers and Solicitors face to face. You do not have to wait for an appointment.
We take client care seriously. We will return calls, emails and letters promptly and we will progress your case from start to finish quickly and efficiently. We offer a personal and professional service. We aim to build a personal relationship with clients. If you are unable to come into see us, then we will probably be able to come and see you. If it’s more convenient we can also arrange appointments for the evenings and weekends. We reply to urgent messages on Sunday and Bank Holidays because this is when you may need our assistance.
When it comes to your children, the most important thing is having a close and nurturing relationship. At the end of any custody case or divorce case with the kids, the court makes a ruling on which parent will have legal custody of the parties’ child or children and how much parenting time each parent will have with the child or children. The Law Office of Maureen Wesley does not limit its practice to the handling of Family Law cases — if you are in need of legal counsel for any child custody, divorce, adoption or related matter, I can help fight for you and your family.
The following are few of our services:
- Preparing a Pre-Nuptial Agreement
- Preparing a Marriage Contract
- Preparing a Cohabitation Agreement
- Preparing a Separation Agreement
- Seeking Mediation to Resolve Disagreements
- Obtaining a Divorce
- Obtaining Support, Maintenance, Custody of Children
We have considerable experience of dealing with a variety of civil litigation matters.
We will engage an experienced and qualified solicitor and barrister to represent you. We will give you initial advice on the clear prospects of your case in writing.
Types of Cases
- Debt collections
- Contractual disputes
- Property disputes
- Personal Injuries
We offer an initial consultation with a qualified solicitor, where we give you an opportunity to tell us about the case from this we can give you our initial advice and an estimate as to the likely costs. We will be clear and upfront with you about what your case might cost and we are normally able to accept payment by instalments as the case proceeds.
Commercial Litigation covers all types of business disputes. It always starts between two businesses or individuals when they have excellent business relationship. It is always advisable to speak to an expert barrister and solicitor who has dealt with several other commercial cases successfully because their outcome can be sometimes time consuming and financially embarrassing to you or to your business.
If you are company or individual we can help you with a range of matters, including:
- We can assess the strength and weakness of your claims and give you practical civil litigation advice for the resolution of commercial disputes.
- We can advise on the conduct of negotiations and carrying out negotiations on behalf of clients at all stages of your business and cases.
- We have recovered several debts in commercial, partnership fraud and misrepresentation cases.
- We can advise you on partnership disputes and all partnership litigation matters.
- Insolvency advice including presenting and setting aside statutory demand notices, presenting and defending, winding up petitions and advising on company voluntary arrangements.
- We can advise you on landlord and property litigation matter including complicated lease cases, fraudulent misrepresentation lease matter, insurance, interpretation of old leases, breach of covenants, breach of quiet and peaceful enjoyment, damages, costs, expert reports and non-payment of rent or service charges.
Travelling abroad can always be a difficult decision for clients whether for business, education, family visit or for pleasure. The paperwork involved in obtaining visas can be extremely complicated due to lack of legal awareness of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Rules and Immigration Laws. However, at Maureen Wesley Law we offer the following legal services:
- We can prepare and complete the full application to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or Entry Clearance post in your country.
- We can advise you on the documents required to submit with your application and merits of your application.
- We can follow up your case with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and Home Office for example if there has been a delay in the decision making process.
- We can assist you in making a Judicial Review application in the Superior Court.
- We advise on complex immigration/asylum and human rights applications.
- We assist in challenging deportations and removals from the Canada.
- We provide advice in all aspects of the points based system and business visas.
- We can assist you in obtaining any documents from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- We can assist you with any employment law related enquiry that relates to your immigration status.
We have experience in dealing with complex immigration cases that’s why we always offer an initial fixed fee appointment to discuss your options and requirements for your visa and further leave to remain in the Canada.
We also update you on the progress of your case.
If you or anyone you know has been injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident, it is imperative to consult with us before responding to ICBC letters. From the point of injury until receiving the settlement, every single communication is critical and can make a significant difference in your settlement award. And, the good news is that you do not have to pay any legal fees to us until and if we get you a settlement.
Any legal issues in relation to property can be complicated, stressful and time consuming due to series of paperwork involved in every transaction. We have a track record of vigorously defending and protecting our client’s property worth millions of pounds. However, at Maureen Wesley Law we cover the following legal areas in relation to your property:
- Residential conveyancing/property transfer;
- Commercial conveyancing/property transfer;
- Defending Forced Sale/property transfer;
- Defending False Claim of Ownership;
- Claims and Issues in Relation to Deeds of Trust;
- Issues in Relation to Lease or Tenancy Agreement;
- Registration with the Land Registry;
- Locating and Searching Complicated Documents in Relation to your Property;
- Valuation of the Property through Qualified Surveyors;
- Experts Reports from Various Experts;
- Protecting the Property from any Intruders;
- Mortgage Accounts Information;
- Clearance and Disclosure of Mortgage Redemption Figures;
- Various Property Searches;
- Dispute in Relation to Matrimonial Homes;
- Property Negotiations; and
- Any Dispute Against Lenders and Borough Councils.
Our aim is to provide full legal services in relation to your property so you know that your property is in safe hands. We can give you legal advice on any document in relation to your property. We will always update you with the progress of your case at anytime by text message at no additional costs. Please feel free to instruct us in relation to your property matters.
In the case of an unexpected dispute, death, family and friends are often struggle to find out whether their loved one had a Will. Even when one exists, its validity can be contested or an underlying family dispute may give rise to challenging the Will or removal of executor with court’s permission. Before proceeding we will gather various piece of background information with your kind assistance. Such issues are likely to result in litigation. We deal with these types of cases with tact and diplomacy to achieve the best result for you. We can also advise you on the creation and protection of a trust and a charity.
Only a legally enforceable Will can ensure that an estate is distributed according to the deceased’s wishes. If court proceedings become necessary, we will advise you on our costs, your entitlements and the likely outcome of such action, guiding you to ensure the best possible solution is reached. We will do various checks to ensure you do not fall foul of various complex laws and our advisers will make photocopy of various documents for our office records.
We will not hesitate to educate you through out the process. This way you will be always on the straight path. We will appoint senior litigators who will act professionally by preserving and protecting privileged and confidential information through out the process.
We will always ask from you the following:
1. Chronology of events;
2. Documents translated in English language by professional translators;
3. Photo identity of you, proof of address and same information we will ask from your witnesses; and
4. Photos of any assets with proof of purchase.
We combine the skills of our experienced litigation and private client teams to ensure you obtain a full range of expert advice in relation to contentious probate, removal of executors, inheritance and disputed Wills.
Call us today for a free consultation
After hours: 604.837.2646 (English/Persian)
- Burnaby: +1.604.298.6555
- Burnaby Fax: +1.604.565.1941
- Vancouver: +1.604.837.2646
Please be advised that we only meet clients at our offices with prior appointments.
- Burnaby: 4270 McGill Street, Burnaby, British Columbia, BC V5C 1M9, Canada
- West Vancouver: 201A – 1571 Bellevue Avenue, West Vancouver, BC V7V 1A6, Canada
- North Vancouver: 702 – 131 East Third Street, North Vancouver, BC V7L 1E5, Canada